Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tcho 99% Chocolate

Tcho 99% Chocolate
http://www.tcho.com/shop/chocolate/bars/91594



Intense Cocoa, not sweet, not bitter but cloyingly cocoa-ey which made it unpalatable. 
Tcho tasting notes: Insanely rich, not bitter. Roasted nut and espresso notes with accents of toasted malt and dried fruits
Where to find: Zombie Runner :http://www.zombierunner.com/about/palo_alto_store/, Whole Foods

I was so looking forward to getting a bite of this 99% chocolate. I am not a purist; I must admit that I could barely swallow it. It was not bitter/sweet but intensely cocoa-ey. We dint touch the bar after this first tasting. But of course I am not going to throw it away.

On new years eve, my boyfriend and I were doing a movie marathon. At about 11:30pm on Dec 31, 2012, I decided to bake a chocolate lava cake to welcome 2013 with a chocolate lingering in the house. And conveniently there was no cooking chocolate or chocolate chips. It was too late to buy and I was too determined to give up. I decided to use this 99% chocolate bar for my lava cake. It was the best ever lava cake. Indulgent, intense, sweet and buttery. 99% chocolate made the lava cake atleast a 1000 times better. It was sinfully indulgent and beautiful. I did not try to balance it with whipped cream or ice cream. Every bite was a decadent welcome to 2013 :)

I followed this recipe (http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com/2011/04/women-chocolates-and-jealously.html). Thanks Satrupa for the quick and easy recipe.
Substituted dark chocolate with my 99% bar. I dint add any liquor. The chocolate flavor does not need anything to open it up as it is already intense. Do not increase the sugar. But do add some vanilla to get a little sweeter flavor. This is delicious stuff.

This is my unassuming sweet indulgence:


No comments:

Post a Comment