Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tcho Dark Chocolatey

Welcome to Chocolate Tastings. I am Archana. My love for chocolate and my "theres-better-fish-in-the-sea" attitude gets me to taste new varieties of chocolate every few days. I wanted to keep a diary of all my chocolate tastings. I would love to hear from everyone on their favorites and also suggestions on what I should try.

I am going to kick this off by adding my favorite chocolate so far: Tcho Dark Chocolate
http://www.tcho.com/shop/chocolate/bars/11134



My tasting notes: Silky deep rich chocolate, fudgey.
Tcho's tasting notes: Intensely Fudgey, hints of roasted malt and caramel
A small square of Tcho Dark Chocolate is my perfect end to dinner and day. I look forward to this little bite each day.

Where to find: Whole Foods

My boyfriend introduced me to Tcho a few years ago and we have atleast one bar in the fridge always.
Tcho is a San Francisco based Chocolatier. It was started in the year 2005. Tcho feels like a nerdy chocolate. No wonder  its CEO and President are co-founders of Wired magazine and Wired.com. Oh, by the way, each of their bars is made from single origin cacao beans. And all the flavor profiles developed in their chocolates are solely from cacao beans with no addition of nuts/fruits. Thats pretty amazing.

Their design of packaging is very tasteful too. Look for their flavor wheel to pick your favorite. I am thinking of using this design for my iphone app.


Hope you enjoyed this Dark Chocolately Tcho, my first tasting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment