Monday, February 11, 2013

Balao and the rest of the world

Ritual Balao


My mom is an amazing cook. Any ingredient she touches turns to gold. Her chocolate burfi (chocolate fudge) is one of those 24K gold. Chocolate burfi were my birthday sweets, Diwali sweets and new year sweets. She knows that I will be upset when the fudge jar is empty. She takes a few and secretly hides it. The day after the jar is empty, she brings the secret jar to me with a big smile and twinkling eyes. The pleasant surprise was delicious, her joy of delivering the surprise was even more so. Ritual Balao  I think will be a close second to my mom's fudge. Its rich and has a sweet liqueur flavor. 

Tastes like Chocolate liqueur and honey

Balao is a small place in Ecuador. They grow bananas and coffee too. I am sure that the coffee and banana flavors have gotten in to the cocoa beans. Its absolutely delicious. 

I have been frequenting the Chocolate Garage and tasting some 100% chocolates. I am planning to get some good quality 100% chocolate next week and try either a lava cake or a souffle just to compare with Tcho. 
Here are a few other bars that are pretty tasty. The Madagascar bars don't compare to the Balao ones though.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment